Saturday, March 14, 2009

LOVE @ 1st Sight - 32



When the owner of Torino Auto - the people who have been restoring my Fiat, also the sole distributor of Fiat in Malaysia - saw the progress of my car, he also interested to restore his own FIAT 600D.


The problem is, he doesn't even have a Fiat 600D to begin with. So, he got his boys to look around and this is the best they could find in the country. This one hailed from the state of Perlis Indera Kayangan.


The condition is very bad.

Very bad.


I think if they want to put this car back into it original glory, it needs at least RM35K and a lot of time to do major bodywork and sourcing for parts.



Another bad thing about this piece is, there are several major parts which are NOT original, like the seats. The original seats of this car is actually reclineable - which I have. The task of getting the original seat, to my opinion, is next to impossible.

Even the resourceful David has a lot of doubt in putting the back into its original state.


Oh well, I wish them luck.

I learn something though.

First, I was lucky to pick up my Fiat which was in a better condition - even though the restoration work was quite challenging but not impossible.

Second, if I were to restore another car, I have to really choose the ones with maximum original parts and minimum repairs required.


Beautiful car, but it takes too much to put together.

*sigh*

No comments: