Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Birthday Bunch

I was quite reluctant to celebrate my birthday this year.

Not that I am not happy with what ever God has given me. In fact I am very happy with what ever He has blessed me with.

TFF and Red Planet organize a small dinner at a cafe, I have always wanted to go, but didn't manage to.

Last night we went there and I love the place, the setting, the food and of course the company of my close buddies.

Birthdays come and go.

Next year it will appear again at my door step.

As always, I have always been very happy on my birthday.

My Facebook was flooded with wonderful birthday wishes. The same goes with my sms, phone calls and blackberry.

I could really feel the love surrounding me after getting messages from family and friends.

Since schooling I always excited about my birthdays.

I even got anonymous birthday cards and presents in my desk. Now that was quite a pleasant surprise.

Not so much of the prezzies, but the wishes from people close to me.



One thing I miss most though.

Everything has gone online nowadays.

I miss getting birthday cards from my siblings when I was in high school. Even though they (snail mails, what do you expect?) some time arrived a tad too early / late, but the thrill of opening an envelope and reading the card and personal message inside with the signature is something I really cherish until today.

Nothing compared to hand written messages.

Till today, I still write personal messages on cards with my own handwriting using my favorite pen.

Thank you all for the wonderful birthday wishes.

It has been FANTASTICO!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

happy birthday!!!

shemeq said...

pretty:

thanks you darls!